This is our main website.
- Event Module
We have three main types of pages on our main website:
- 1. Events (for upcoming events, with RSVP system)
- 2. Recaps (for past events)
- 3. About Techyizu Information
- 4. Front Page
Events (Event Module)
This is all the information you need to know to create an event page.
This is all the information you need to write up a recap of the previous event.
- Creating a techyizu event recap
- Event recaps are essentially blog "posts" in Wordpress.
Please upload all photos to Flickr.
- Techyizu Flickr - Check this for tips.
- Flickr Slideshow - We've been using a Flickr slideshow that is embedded into the page
About Techyizu (Pages)
These are static pages about Techyizu itself.
- About us (updated 11/2013)
- Edited a lot of it (11/26/2013), fixed wechat, added wiki
- Previous events (removed 11/2013) - Outdated, and info is on front page.
- Upcoming events (removed 11/2013) - Outdated, and we always link the main event on the front page.
This is always a pain in the ass.
- Updates to the blog theme, sometimes destroys our custom coding.
- Please pay attention that there is a "Join the mailing list" button on the front.
How to do this:
- Click on "Appearances -> Editor"
- Click on "part-hero.php" (it's a Mixfolio theme file)
- Find the code area where you want ot change the message.
- Change the message.
Updating the home page for the next event.
- Go to Theme Options
- Change the home page directly with HTML code.
- You'll generally have to upload any logo graphics through the media link first.